The 5 Best Quotes About Internships
When you’re looking for internships, or you’re preparing to begin one, it’s natural to feel a bit nervous or intimidated. This is likely your first foray into the professional world, and you want everything to go right.
You aren’t the first person to go through this process, and you aren’t the first person to start a journey on the path to success. If you need some inspiration, motivation, or just some self-assurance, these are some of the best quotes about internships or elements of internships:
- “The very first thing I tell every intern on the first day is that their internship exists solely on their resume. As far as I am concerned, they are a full-time member of my team. For all the negative stereotypes about millennials, you would be astounded by how hard they work when they believe their contribution matters.” Jay Samit, serial entrepreneur.
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” Steve Jobs, founder, Apple.
- “My advice for young people is, study what you love and intern in what you want to do. And I think it’s okay to pivot as many times as you need to.” Eva Chen, director of fashion, Instagram.
- “You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage – pleasantly, smilingly, non-apologetically – to say ‘no’ to other things. And the way to do that is by having a bigger ‘yes’ burning inside.” Stephen Covey, author/educator.
- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” Ralph Waldo Emerson, writer/philosopher.
Hopefully, these quotes have recharged your energy and given you the inspiration to tackle your internship in high spirits. If you need further help, talk to others about their internship experiences—there’s always something to learn in the perspectives of others.