Tri-C makes it easy to find your next summer intern
The Greater Cleveland Partnership’s Internship Central program is again collaborating with Tri-C to offer GCP members the opportunity to participate as an internship host employer for Tri-C’s 5th annual Summer Internship Program. The internships will be 100 hours in duration, i.e. 20 hours/week for 5 weeks or 10 hours/week for 10 weeks, from May 26 to August 7, 2020. Employers are able to host more than one intern.
As an external host employer, the company would be placed with an intern that best matches your needs. Tri-C manages the HR functions of the internship such as hiring, placement, background check, and internship compensation. Students will be compensated by the college at $11 per hour.
Other benefits to the host employer include:
- Screening of interns for 2.0 minimum GPA, active student status and other requirements will be conducted by the College.
- Speed networking internship fairs (opportunity for employers to interview potential interns) hosted by the College.
- Students will be considered Cuyahoga Community College employees (on Tri-C’s payroll).
- Thorough background check and drug screening conducted by the College.
The host employer is responsible for:
- Providing the internship job description by 12/6/2019, click here for the job description template
- Attending an information session on 2/11/2020 (Metropolitan campus 9:00am-10:30am) to learn about the role of the host/employer, timelines for hiring and next steps
- Providing supervision, coaching, feedback, and support to the intern during the internship period
- Providing meaningful work and learning experiences for the intern
- Developing and sharing a work plan for the intern, outlining objectives and deliverables throughout the 5 or 10-week internship
- Ensuring the internship is complete between May 26, 2020 and August 7, 2020.
- Providing a workspace and other resources (e.g. access to computer, reference materials, and telephone)
- Attending ONE of the Internship Fairs. Attending an internship fair is essential because this is where you will meet and interview potential interns and make your top intern selections.
- Metropolitan Campus (downtown Cleveland) – Friday, March 6, 2020,
- Western Campus (Parma)- Tuesday, March 10, 2020
Internship host opportunities will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you are interested in hosting a student during summer 2020, please complete the Summer Internship Job Description and return to Angela Finding at email@example.com by December 6, 2019. For questions regarding the program, call Angela at 216-592-2385.